Thursday, November 11, 2010
Use your head. It's where the brain is.
The head rules the heart.
You know those times when your heart beats so fast?
It's because your head sends signals to your heart that makes it beat so fast.
You know that fluttering feeling you feel when you see the person you like?
It's not your heart, it's your head sending signals out of it, but you can't feel your brain, can you? You only feel that excitement and joy in your heart because it's beating faster than usual, due to the signals sent by the brain.
And in case you don't know, you feel happy because of hormones RELEASED BY YOUR BRAIN INTO THE BLOOD STREAM! We have a heart to feel, but we feel because of our brains.
When you are brain dead, you still have a beating heart but you feel nothing. Am I wrong to say that?
"Following your heart" is a wrong sentence, biologically speaking. Your heart doesn't make any decisions nor does it have a thinking mechanism to make a choice. Literally, "following your heart" means to choose a
need over a
want, choosing something of desire. It's something your brain does.
Being emotional clouds your brain.
It makes you irrational.
Being emotional causes the brain to concentrate on your emotions, simply because, we humans are emotional creatures by birth, and your brain will not be able to concentrate on the part of it that acts on logic and rationality.
But I don't understand sometimes. I wish there was someone or something or some machine to help me decipher what my brain is at, because my brain is too good for me.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do, what my brain wants me to do, and what I am going to do.
Lollipops
Chinyee
Chuiying
Denise
Elaine
Evon
Herman
Jessica
Jiayu
Ken
Kengchiaw
Sharon
Shirlyn
Stephanie
Tracy
Vanessa Tumblr
Vivien
Wanyu
Wenxin
Wilson
Yanling
Yanyan
Yujing
Zhangke
Zhilin
Credits
Layout made by Nienkju.